Ensingm2 Salien Game Idler
Link to Saliens Game
Hey everyone, Like all of you, I was interested in "streamlining" the process of the 2018 Steam sale 'Salien' minigame. You may or may not remember me as a contributor/dev in the Steam Monster Minigame autoclicking scene from the 2015 Steam sale. I took a look at this year's game, and noticed it's much more... boring. No interactions between other players mean there are only a few interactions with the server, and they can be easily spoofed, as long as you wait out the timer of the round, and only send the maximum allowed score for a zone. So I figured, why automate the game at all? Much easier to just sit at the menu and just say we beat the level.
- Does not need to run the game at all, works from the main map.
- Fast switching between zones.
- Will automatically send the maximum score allowed for each zone difficulty.
- Automatically restarts runs after completion.
- Disables game animations to minimize game resource usage.
- Status GUI to update level, experience, time remaining in round, etc
How to Run
Currently tested on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. The following guide is for Chrome:
- Open the Salien Game in a new tab and select a planet.
- Windows: F12 or CTRL+Shift+J
- Mac: Command+Option+J
- Output can be seen and tracked in the console
Note: The script may also be setup on userscript managers such as Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey however this is advised against enabling automatic updates for any scripts, for your own security.
- Put more info in the GUI (Current target, zone info, etc. Maybe a progress bar for timer?)
- Potentially highlight selected zones on the grid?
- Handle planet-switching elegantly.
- I have a feeling the game will evolve over time, so handle things as they come.
- Any other cool features, with support from viewers like you!
Want to Contribute?
Feel free. You can submit whatever changes you'd like. Fork, PR, whatever. Go nuts.